AUGUST 15, 2022
NORTH SMITHFIELD TOWN COUNCIL
83 GREENE STREET, NORTH SMITHFIELD, RI 02896
PARTICIPATION FOR THIS MEETING WILL BE IN-PERSON ONLY.
The meeting will also be livestream. Please join the meeting (viewing only) from your computer, tablet, or smartphone by clicking on this link:
or go to the North Smithfield YouTube page - North Smithfield Town Meetings
*If technical difficulties occur during livestream the above specified meetings will resume as scheduled.
Documents related to the meeting will be posted on the Town Council’s page of the Town’s website on Monday August 15, 2022, at 4:00 p.m., see link here:
- I. OPEN MEETING – PRAYER – PLEDGE
- II. ROLL CALL
- III. OPEN FORUM PURSUANT TO 42-46-6 (d) (Maximum 15 minutes)
- IV. EXECUTIVE SESSION (Closed Session)
- A. Discussion by Council, Vote, or Other Action on RIGL 42-46-5(A)(2) Sessions Pertaining to
Collective Bargaining or Litigation or Potential Litigation
1. Potential Litigation
- B. Discussion by Council, Vote, or Other Action on RIGL 42-46-5(a)(7) Sessions Pertaining to a matter related to the question of the investment of public funds where the premature disclosure would adversely affect the public interest. Public funds shall include any investment plan or matter related thereto.
- 1. Infrastructure investment
- V. DISCUSSION BY COUNCIL, VOTE, OR OTHER ACTION ON PAYMENT OF BILLS
- VI. NORTH SMITHFIELD TOWN COUNCIL SITTING AS THE BOARD OF LICENSE COMMISSIONERS
- A. Discussion by Council, Vote, or Other Action on General Business License -
Riyansh LLC, d/b/a Travelers Motor Lodge Located at 1210 Eddie Dowling Highway - Vipulsinh Chauhan
- VII. DISCUSSION BY COUNCIL, VOTE, OR OTHER ACTION ON CONSENT AGENDA All items listed in this section are considered in one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Councilor so requests, in which event the item will be removed from the consent agenda.
- A. Town Council Minutes of June 27, July 5 and 7, 2022
- B. Communications
- 1. Animal Control Monthly Report for July 2022
- 2. NSPD Monthly Report for June & July 2022
- 3. NS Municipal Court Monthly Report for June & July 2022
- 4. NSF&R Monthly Report for June & July 2022
- VIII. DISCUSSION BY COUNCIL, VOTE OR OTHER ACTION ON SPECIFIC ITEMS REMOVED FROM CONSENT AGENDA ABOVE
- IX. OLD BUSINESS
- A.Discussion by Council, Vote, or Other Action on Update of Municipal Building Review Task Force - Mr. Nordstrom
- B.Discussion by Council, Vote, or Other Action on Update of Halliwell Review Committee - Mr. Corriveau
- C.Discussion by Council, Vote, or Other Action on Court Ordered Clean-up at 282 Quaker Highway - Appropriations of Funds for Final Payment – Mr. Enright
- D.Discussion by Council, Vote, or Other Action on North Smithfield Fire and Rescue Contract (July 1, 2022 - June 30, 2025)
1. Authorization of Signature - Contract
- X. NEW BUSINESS
- A. Discussion by Council, Vote, or Other Action on Award of Bid for Other Post-Employment Benefits Actuarial Valuation Services (OPEB) - Ms. DeJesus
- 1. Authorization of Signature
- B. Discussion by Council, Vote, or Other Action on Penalty & Tax Adjustments - Ms. DeJesus
- C. Discussion by Council, Vote or Other Action on Salaries and Wages Ordinances 2022-2023 -
1. 1st Reading
D. Discussion by Council, Vote, or Other Action on Request for Appeal of Senior Tax Stabilization- Ms. St. George.
E. Discussion by Council, Vote, or Other Action on Expanding Parking Lot at Veterans Memorial Stadium - Mr. Beauregard
F. Discussion by Council, Vote, or Other Action on Repairs and Pavement Restoration - Town Hall Parking - Town Administrator Zwolenski
1. Authorization of Signature
- G. Discussion by Council, Vote, or Other Action on Appointment of Parks & Recreation Commission
1. Completion of a 2-Year Term Ending 11/30/2022 - (Appt by TA w/ Council Approval)
- XI. ADJOURN
Individuals requesting special assistance should contact the Town Clerk’s Office at 767-2200, ext. 326 seventy-two (72) hours in advance of the meeting date.